.
Hey everyone! GFC will be discontinued soon for Wordpress Blogs, so be sure to follow with LinkyFollowers instead! I don't want to lose any of you! Thanks!! :D

Crayon Frame Teachers Gift - {Tutorial}

So, if you've been following me for awhile, you'll know that I'm torn between having a third munchkin or stopping with my two beautiful munchkins that I have been blessed with already. Well, we have pretty much decided that we're done making babies and then today my 3 year old asks for a baby brother. !!!!! 


I was like, "Seriously!? Why do you want another baby?"


He responds with, "I dunno. Because I want to play with them."


"But, what about your sister?"


"I'll play with her, too, but I could use a boy."


I try not to laugh and then respond with, "Where will the baby sleep? In your room?"


"Um, no, I will build a room for him."


Now, we live in a condo, so the only way he's building the baby a room is if he adds a fourth floor and you can imagine how uncool it would be to climb another flight of stairs. I'm not too worried, though.


Then, I tell him, "I don't think that's gonna work."


He quickly interrupts me," The baby can sleep downstairs!!!"


"In the laundry room?!"


"Yeah!... Or, maybe,... outside!"


I don't even know where to go with this conversation, so I think quick and ask him if he wants a snack. He likes food, so he nods and sits in his seat. Whew! Narrowly escaped that one!


Now, for todays project! I'm super excited for this one! I saw this crayon picture frame over at Felt So Cute and I fell in love! What an awesome project and so super easy! L has 4 teachers in his pre-school class so I made 2 for his main teachers and then a little candy treat (which I will show y'all later) for his other 2 teacher aides. 



First, grab your hot glue gun, a 64 count box of crayons and some picture frames. I had these ones laying around so, I recycled them for this! Oh yeah! 



I got to work on placing them oh so neatly on the frame and glued each as I went.



When I came to an edge where I needed to cut a crayon down, I took a small serrated knife and just sawed the thing down.


Here's the first one:


 And here's the second one:


And here are both of them together:



I'm gonna pop their class picture in each of them and Voila! there you have it! Teacher gifts for the holidays! :D


I hope you enjoyed you're visit today and click HERE to check out where I'm linking to and don't forget to join in on the fun! :D

8 comments:

  1. Aww, that is too cute about your little guy wanting a brother! We were done at two also, then got blessed with a surprise #3! Three is great:)

    I love those frames, what a great idea!

    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, they turned out so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! What a great idea! So colorful and happy! Thanks for linking!

    Andy
    www.poppiesatplay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable idea! I'm going to file that one away for the future, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't get me wrong....I LOVE my 3rd child and can't imagine my life without her....but Noooooooooooooooooooooo! Don't do it!!! Don't have a 3rd.....it's CRAZY....and you won't have any more time to blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment! I, seriously, love and treasure each one!

Share

Widgets